[Magdalen] (ever heard of the) THEREMIN - Over The Rainbow (on YouTube)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 4 21:50:47 UTC 2014

On 04/12/2014 21:18, ME Michaud wrote:
> I was at a performance at Boston Symphony Hall many years ago.
> The MBTA bus that runs past Symphony also serves MIT and Harvard
> Square, and after the performance there was a general rush to the
> stage as star-struck students, all atremble, ran to get a closer look.
>
> It was an amazing evening. An amazing sound.

It certainly is amazing and I am not surprised the students wanted a
closer look.  The unreformed physicist in me wonders at the electronics
in it that makes it work. Apparently it was patented in 1928. Back then
it would have operated with valves and you could probably have cooked
your dinner on it.

Roger