[Magdalen] Like I Was Puzzled.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 22 04:39:49 UTC 2014

In a message dated 12/21/2014 7:13:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jguthrie at pipeline.com writes:

Some folk would like to make English a language like Latin -- No  one
better make
up new words nor allow popular usage to become the norm.  To that, I say
Phooey!>>>

Oh, I'm all in favor of new words in English.  English is uniquely  suited
such because English dumped gender and a lot of other endings  centuries
ago.  Words are imported wholesale into English, and that is proper
considering the status of English as the "lingua Franca".

I mourn the loss of the objective case in pronouns and the loss of
perfectly good adverbs.  I think the clarity of expression also  loses
in this.  Whatever I prefer in this matter doesn't matter, however,  and
what
will be will be....and that is all right (not alright)  :-)

David S.