[Magdalen] And so the year ends.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 23 21:58:56 UTC 2014

For most of us at work, and in much of the County, anyway.  All "non-essential" offices and employees (horrible term to use these days, but it's what's used) close down, with pay, between Dec 24th and Jan 1st, inclusive, a "cheaper alternative" concession to such union demands as wage parity and more accumulated leave to meet family needs, etc.  But over the recent years, we've mostly grown used to it.  A forced vacation that hits the same time each year.  Makes for more ease for us to visit Mom (which we do 12/27-30, Donner Summit snow permitting), and as it coincides with the bulk of Everett's break, we have some days at our leisure to tool around the Peninsula and eat hearty without having to worry about work or school the next day.  In other words, I'm, we the employees, are thankful.

And even though Christmas isn't even here yet, I'll take this brief opportunity to thank you all, as always, for being here for me during some of my least sterling moments in recent life.  (And even the most recent chapter is far from over, I'm sure.)  So, once again, thanks to all, and a Happy Christmas.

And a Happy Christmas to dearly departed Milo, as well.  I'm sure he's doing what all Translated elderly weiner dogs do at such times as this:  Enjoying the beJesus out of himself.  RIP, Milo the Never-to-be-forgotten.