[Magdalen] Happy Christmas!

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 05:23:03 UTC 2014

At 5 pm or so I wrote:

Beth is off for Christmas Eve dinner at Outback with George and his mother
Brenda.  She'll be home later tonight.

Jack is off to Shepherdstown to a party.

Jim is watching Santa Clause 2 recovering from bronchitis.

I am leaving by 6 pm to go to Martin's (grocery store)  for fruit and
cereal.

THEN...I realized that that Martin's would be closing at 6 pm and I never
sent the above, but got dressed for church, drove to Martin's arriving at
5:55 pm.  I checked out by 6:05 pm and called my friend Anna to let her
know I could pick her up early to go to Liturgy.  We headed out through the
fog from her house at 6:30 pm and took US 11 instead of I-81 from Inwood to
head to Winchester.  We got to the church at 7:20. We had a glorious
Nativity Liturgy followed by some English Christmas Carols a cappella and
Christine and George sang O Holy Night.  The priest had those of us in the
choir come up and in appreciation he and his wife gave us each a gift (of
chocolates).  We had meatballs, dolmades, baklava, and fava beans in the
hall afterwards.

At 10:15 pm the fog had lifted so it was an easy ride to Anna's home and
then to mine by 11:00 pm.  I stuffed the stockings and had two cups of
eggnog.

Beth is now watching Breakfast at Tiffany's, Jim is in bed, and Jack is
still out.

Merry Christmas to all!  Christ is born!  Glorify Him!

Kate

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8