[Magdalen] Religion Without God?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:10:38 UTC 2014

Some churches are just *so* afraid their precious building will be "marred"
if they have to make accommodations for the handicapped. Others just go
ahead and do it. Some of the smallest do the best. I recall a small and
ancient historic ELCA church out in East Nowhere, TN, that had built an
elevator into the bell tower so their elderly and less-than fully mobile
could circumvent the many steps to the front entrance. Likewise, in some
churches, the "handicapped" pew is in the back. In Oak Ridge, TN, the
wheelchair pew is in the front row.