[Magdalen] Feeling flu-ey. I'm sure it's a passing phase.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed Dec 31 13:57:42 UTC 2014

Here we can get a reduced Social Security benefit at age 62 (that's why I
waited till I was 62 to retire, though it turns out I don't need the
benefit yet).  My age cohort gets full Social Security (pension) at age 66
(up a year from my brothers' age cohort at 65).  If we wait till age 70, we
get 8% extra per month, but most analysts say that it doesn't pay off, in
the long run, to wait till age 70.  We all still get Medicare at age 65.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu