[Magdalen] A Busy Day Plus

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Nov 1 20:51:57 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Guthrie
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2014 12:45 PM
To: magdalen at herberthouse.org
Subject: [Magdalen] A Busy Day Plus

BTW, Scranton Regional Hospital is the first one that ever just let me walk
out
on my own. The discharge nurse told me I was free to go, so Albert and I
packed
up the stack of reading material (I got through nearly two inches of the
stack
of six inches of newsletters and magazine piled next to my bed at home! --
Got
way behind in the move). So I said good bye and thanks to the nurses at the
floor desk, and we headed down the elevator and walked out. Every other
hospital
I've ever been in insisted on a wheelchair out the door. Is that New?

Well, when leaving the ER at Copley Hospital in Morrisville (VT), they just
directed me to the ER waiting area - no wheelchair. They just put a brace on
me, gave me crutches, and saw me off. After surgery I did have a wheelchair,
but the surgery was on my knee, so that was definitely helpful.

Chad Wohlers
now in Clearwater, FL, after a memorial service for my mother-in-law
http://garden-sanctuary.tributes.com/dignitymemorial/obituary/Margaret-E.-Ferry-101367198