[Magdalen] EC v. ED of Ft. Worth

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 19:22:18 UTC 2014

Lynn, when this comes up, I think about Nashuva, a Jewish congregation in
the L.A. area http://nashuva.com which I would almost certainly be a part
of if I were Jewish and lived there. They have purposely chosen not to have
a permanent building location but to rent facilities from other communities
(and not always the same ones!). They have a Shabbat service on the first
Friday of each month and a social action project the third week of the
month. I have started a tradition with myself of "attending" their Kol
Nidre service on Yom Kippur via live streaming on my computer. I really
like their rabbi, Naomi Levy, who always seems to have something pertinent
to say to me, no matter where I am in my life. The way Nashuva (which, by
the way, means " we return') is doing shul may be something like how God
wants us to do Church. Just a thought.