[Magdalen] Tom Magliozzi, RIP

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 3 22:31:58 UTC 2014

Yes, I enjoyed him,but I found him a bit pedantic. My friends were more critical. They did not appreciate his correct pronunciation especially the Rachmanyinov pronunciation of the composer's name. I advised her (not him) that Russian had a much larger alphabet than English with a special letter for that very consonant (as does Spanish and Tagalog--only it is an n with a diacritical mark--the tilde but the Mexicans always state that there is an extra letter in their alphabet.

Joe