[Magdalen] weather/temps...

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:06:16 UTC 2014

Musings:  The ice on my bird bath today means that the particular
outside wall socket powering the bbheater has tripped again. Boring.  I
need to run a long line across the garden to the lean-to; I think I had
to do this last year.
Need to lift the cascade pump out of the water and replace the
burned-out aerator pump at Lower Lake Marion.  The previous one ran for
several years, non-stop, summer and winter.
Mercifully I got the sermon written last night.  Hurrah!  Lots of things
to get done today and tomorrow, especially fill the basement with wood
so that it has a chance to warm up and lose some dampness before I run
out of  the drier better wood I brought in in September.  Never ends.
Except for some warmth in the bathroom, I am doing my best to avoid all
electric heat until it becomes unbearable in the newer part of the
house, where I spend all my time, i/e. frozen fingers and icy feet,
usually around 60C.  I have got to get my equal billing down from the
nosebleed height racked up last winter.

'Hiver!  Vous n'etes qu'un vilain!'

Marion, a pilgrim