[Magdalen] Oatmeal time

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 19:25:30 UTC 2014

I never used gas until I was first married and we had a tiny, what they used
to call apartment sized stove in a duplex we rented. I grew to love gas and
had it again in my first house... moved to TX in '87 and have HAD to use
electric ever since.  Moving in '08 was my introduction to owning a 'glass
top' stove... had used them at friend's houses with out much enthusiasm.
Within the first 6 months with my practically brand new stove, I cooked a
huge batch of spaghetti and also made jam.  My top was damaged and when I
researched the cleanup... both of those foods can damage the surface (tomato
acid and fruit acid, and possibly high sugar content too).  None of the
recommended 'fixes' worked... the polish, etc... a "Mr. Clean" sponge... I
finally used a straight edge razor... all this to say, the largest burner
which can be fully heated or heated as though some smaller pan was on it, is
so dark that one can hardly see the circular outline... I do believe that
the crud which has developed which is in, not on the glass, which is still
very smooth) is also interfering with the heating element, as the presence
of a pot, triggers the coil to heat (a safety feature).... if/when I sell my
condo, I will no doubt have to replace the stove before putting it on the
market. Sigh...

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, “People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall.”

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi