[Magdalen] Oatmeal time

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:34:38 UTC 2014

I love gas stoves, but haven't had one in ages. I do have a big propane tank for the hearing stoves, so I may replace my electric cookstove at some point.
As for oatmeal, I must confess to the sacrilegious practice of cooking it in the microwave. I use old-fashioned rolled oats, 1part oats to 2 parts water. Toss in some cut up apple, a handful of dried cranberries or raisins, some walnuts or almonds; stir, cover and microwave for 3 min. Might need less time--my microwave is old and not very powerful. I serve it with milk and once in awhile a spoonful of real maple syrup.