[Magdalen] Snowing now

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:31:36 UTC 2014

Several branches came down. Mostly it was the toss-em-outa-the-way variety,
but a big widowmaker hung over our driveway.

Yee hah!  I finally got to use the neat long-handled shears I got a few
years ago with the rationale, "I kin yooz these someday."  Thet dey haz
arrived.

Huge branch hanging out there, and we needed to get out so we could go to
our obligatory dinner at our favorite restaurant.  These guys, so far as I
can see (disclosure: I have 20/400 vision), do not close.

Took them long-handled shears and just started cutting what I could reach.
Two-inch-thick branches? It was like cutting through butter.

So we still have that branch hanging (it will not come down anytime soon. I
gave it a few good tugs), so we'll have to get a tree trimmer to come by
and get the rest of it.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente