[Magdalen] Michigan football finals=great team names

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Nov 29 18:52:05 UTC 2014

>to the tune of "On Wisconsin" (the "best school song" - Souza)

Conrad Souza? Or did you mean John Philip Sousa? Somehow, I'm thinking your
spell checker had encountered one but not the other <g>.

(And I'm sure not Egbert Sousé <g>)

>songs as their own.  My high school borrowed the "Illinois Fight  Song",

Mine borrowed Far Above Cayuga's Waters.

Then there' the Penn State Alma Mater -- where the (ahem) "Alternate Words" were
belted out at a Football Game at Beaver Stadium about 20 years ago and earned
the team a penalty.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie