[Magdalen] This morning's lesson

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Oct 19 17:19:46 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/19/2014 1:08:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

sermon  in our VA Lutheran church,>>>>>

It's unfortunate that the USPS decided (a long time ago, admittedly)
to abbreviate the US State of Virginia as "VA".

Every time I see it I automatically think of something pertaining to
the US Department of Veterans Affairs = VA.  I think that usage,
unofficial as it probably is, has been around a lot longer than the
usage as a Virginia State abbreviation.

I guess one can't fight city hall.

In any case, I'm relieved that my first impression of Jay's note
was not really that the Dept. of Veterans Affairs was now somehow
into Lutheran churches.  That WOULD be bizarre.

David Strang - Retired from 31 years in the USVA.