[Magdalen] Some irrelevant reflections on Roger's Day 1

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:13:39 UTC 2014

As I sat here, remembering the nice treatment we got there, I recall
another time, when Mom and Dad were with us, and my nephew had brought his
infant daughter for her grandparents -- my parents -- to meet and greet.

Naples is a retirement community, and when someone with an infant comes
into the restaurant, it causes a delightful stir.  Everyone wanted to hold
little Kinley, and her proud papa was happy to oblige.  Several of the wait
staff took turns fussing over her, while her dad got a chance to eat.  We
looked up at one point and saw a waitress outside the glass windows,
probably telling Kinley all about the harbor.

Everybody wanted to hold Kinley and fuss over her.

She's a pretty young lady now, with a younger sister. How the time does fly!

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM, James Oppenheimer <oppenheimerjw at gmail.com