[Magdalen] Need to blow off steam

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Oct 26 17:52:35 UTC 2014

I made the mistake of attending Worship Committee after church this morning.  Once again, a (tact-challenged, abrasive, good-hearted but overwhelming) member of my parish has tried to strong-arm me into joining the choir.    Her view is that people with good strong singing voices ought to be in red robes in the chancel pews "supporting the music ministry."  I have done choir for years and years, having been strong-armed from the age of 11 up, and I am much happier in the pews.

I should add that the lady in question is the sort to say "well, get over it!" when confronted with another's imperfect reality.  She is English, of the bracing persuasion.

Remind me to stay off of all parish committees.  I love being an Anglican, but church drives me absolutely loopy.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain