[Magdalen] Need to blow off steam

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Oct 26 19:27:19 UTC 2014

From: Molly Wolf

>Remind me to stay off of all parish committees.  I love being an Anglican, but
>church drives me absolutely loopy.

At least she wanted you for your voice, but the reality is that congregations
need support within the ranks as well, so yours is the right choice both on a
personal level and for the congregation, I think.

Of course it could be worse -- at Christ Church Bay Ridge the purpose of the
choir was to dress up and march around "like in the old days." They'd go nuts
when priests would decide a short procession or no procession during Lent or
Advent was called for.

Music itself? Not very important. After all,too much(or too man hymns) make the
service run long -- maybe more than an Hour! Horrors!

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie