[Magdalen] Snake juice.

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 21:38:45 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't snapper a fish? I've eaten turtle, I'm sorry to say, in a French
> restaurant on the island of Guadalupe. It was yummy.

 Red Snapper is indeed a fish and very tasty, but the meat in Snapper Soup
is Snapping Turtle. There is a story, perhaps apocryphal, that some RC
bishop once proclaimed that it was permissible to eat on Fridays in Lent
because he liked it so much. Hard to say where a reptile falls if mammals
and birds are forbidden foods, but fish are allowed. I wonder if frogs legs
are permitted.

--

Christopher Hart