[Magdalen] medical terminology

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 21:44:17 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/30/2014 5:29:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

In the  UK those months are OK.  The rotation (and nurse training of
doctors)  starts 1 August.

Roger>>>>

All medical rotations are 1 July in the USA.

When I started my internship (there is really no such thing now -  it's
the first year of residency) at the Minneapolis General Hospital (now
Hennepin County Hospital) it was the typical old charity hospital with
wards
of 50 or more patients.

We had been entertained at one of the Dayton mansions the night  before,
and all 46 of us had varying degrees of hangover at the changeover at
8 AM 1 July 62.  I started on a medical ward, and I was frightened  as
h---!

David Strang.