[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:18:47 UTC 2015

I keep my prayer book open for two primary reasons: 1) I am a visual
learner. I do not absorb nearly as well by ear as I do by sight. 2) We
are a prayer book church, not a memorization church. Even if I do know
it by heart, I want any guest to know how to join in, and that it is
well and good to follow along in the book.

I discipline myself to not bury my head during the readings, despite my
natural inclination, but I've an advantage there: I have prepared the
service leaflets with the readings, and even if my own collection is
nearly complete of the RSV three-year cycle for cut-and-paste, I re-read
them while doing each week's layout, and have often referred to them in
a short (one paragraph) tie-in for the weekly email newsletter.

Peace,
Jo