[Magdalen] End of an Era.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:19:50 UTC 2015

Even the Lutheran churches I have been in are book folks, although they
have the advantage of having everything except for the readings under one
cover. This quasi-Lutheran *has* to hang onto a LBW for dear life because
of the danged service music, which I despair of ever learning. (grumble)
For the rest of the service I don't do too badly other than the places
where wording differs slightly. I do read along with the lector but that's
a long standing habit from the days when most churches didn't have sound
systems and you couldn't always hear. I almost never read along with the
gospel because our pastor is such a wonderful reader.