[Magdalen] California water restrictions

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 19:06:40 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/3/2015 2:42:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
allanc25 at gmail.com writes:

Fortunately late in my old age, I learned that very rapid up  and down works
far better on a plunger than big slow  motions.>>>

I replaced both our toilets last year because they were set so low
it was very difficult, even with extra handles for oldsters to get  up.
They were of the minimal water variety, as well, and clogging up
was a constant problem.

The new toilets, besides being set higher, have some sort of trap
door mechanism, that doesn't use a lot of water, but seems to be
much more effective than the ones the new toilets replaced.

Still, there is the occasional clog, and I'll have to use your rapid
up and down technique when that happens!

I must say, though, that I long for the olden, golden days, when
it was possible to have toilets that flushed with a crash of sound
and cascades of water.  The older sections of the local VAMC
has those, and they are marvelous to behold.

In the days of the large, clunky beepers for our hospital resident
physicians, a resident (now a geriatrician) reached over to flush,
and lost his beeper into the abyss.  Within minutes it  had traveled over
the entire hospital staff:  What residents had always wanted (to  flush
the damnable beepers down the toilet) had actually happened.

David Strang - Never too old to learn something new.