[Magdalen] Two to go

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:24:43 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/4/2015 9:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

There. I feel like I can grumble here so I won't grumble there.  :)
Thanks...off to Saturday morning rehearsal for this evening's  Vigil.>>>>

Saint Paul's on-the-Hill didn't do rehearsals.  It's not that they  might
have been useful, but because of the fair-flung makeup of the
congregation and the lay servers, they felt it was an imposition.

OTOH, it was an easier 1928 Liturgy for much of that time.   There
were fewer choices, and most of us had the service memorized

The clergy of the time there also felt strongly that the Liturgy  should
be free of tight constrictions, and that all should be somewhat free
flowing and relaxed, but not sloppy.

I don't recall any outstanding gaffes, despite being unrehearsed.

David Strang.