[Magdalen] Two to go

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 4 16:20:02 UTC 2015

On 04/04/2015 15:24, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:
> In a message dated 4/4/2015 9:38:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> scottknitter at gmail.com writes:
>
> There. I feel like I can grumble here so I won't grumble there.  :)
> Thanks...off to Saturday morning rehearsal for this evening's  Vigil.>>>>
>
> Saint Paul's on-the-Hill didn't do rehearsals.  It's not that they  might
> have been useful, but because of the fair-flung makeup of the
> congregation and the lay servers, they felt it was an imposition.
>
> OTOH, it was an easier 1928 Liturgy for much of that time.   There
> were fewer choices, and most of us had the service memorized
>
> The clergy of the time there also felt strongly that the Liturgy  should
> be free of tight constrictions, and that all should be somewhat free
> flowing and relaxed, but not sloppy.

I am another of that ilk.  Let everything be done decently and in order
but don't throw a hissy fit if something doesn't go just right.
Apparently my predecessor was a stickler for everything being "just so"
at services but I think in 15 years I never got the Vigil quite right.
This evening I will see how I will be able to relax as a congregant at
Baptism, Confirmation and First Mass of Easter.

Roger