[Magdalen] Two to go

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 14:28:21 UTC 2015

I love being subdeacon.  However, it all gets busy in our very
understaffed little outpost.  Tonight I am deacon/bookbearer, but the
subd. will switch with me in the moment because I'm also Gospeller and
preacher.  Glenn the Music is meant to chant the Exsultet, but he has a
coughy cold and so I've been refreshing my memory in that regard.  (Our
departed priest did it himself -- he really wasn't good at sharing.)  I
have a stuffy nose/head, since last w/e, so who know which one of us it
will be.    If I do it, I think I won't, as planned, chant the Gospel ,
being sensitive to what I would call 'Marion fatigue' out there.  I've
already handed off the Genesis reading for tonight (scheduling done
months in advance sometimes doesn't work on the day).  In short, I am
happy never to spend time in the pews, but I do wonder  how it must be
to have the freedom to be away without guilt.

Marion, a pilgrim