[Magdalen] Vigil

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 23:51:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/4/2015 7:30:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I would  probably love the Easter Vigil >>>>

My first Vigil was at Nashotah Theological Seminary outside of
Milwaukee.  It was, as you may guess, spectacular.

The most memorable besides that first time were at Mainz and
Cologne Cathedrals, and in our own Frankfurterdom (Frankfurt
"Cathedral".  The latter has a large collection of medieval  altarpieces
which are dramatically opened and lit from their Lenten closed  positions
at the Vigil Gloria, concluding with the great entirely gilded  triptych
at the cathedral high altar...a blast of golden light  It was pure
Hollywood, and I loved
every minute of it.

David Strang.