[Magdalen] Church as Personality Billy Graham

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Apr 4 23:41:52 UTC 2015

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>My personal favorite among all these personalities is Aimee Semple
>Mcpherson,
>founded of the Four Square Gospel Tabernacles.  At least churches  of that
>denomination still exist.

Their Los Angeles Temple is equidistant between the Episcopal Church Center and
Jon +Bruno's old restaurant on Sunset Blvd.

It was distinguished by having two towers supporting a Hammock Antenna for their
radio broadcasts. I believe they ran KRKD.

There was  FourSquare Gospel congregation in Bellefonte PA -- they bought 30
minutes every Sunday for their worship service. The Pastor was a woman -- and
was there at least when I started Penn State. in 1970. It would seem the
FourSquare people were way ahead of us latecomers on women clergy.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie