[Magdalen] How do you buy a stove?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Aug 3 00:22:02 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>Roger, I honestly think that this glass topped stove is so popular because
>people who don't love to cook are in the majority now... and 'real cooks'
l>ike gas, if they can get it.

I dunno about that. I cook something different most nights --especially now with
the summer farmer's market around the corner. I'vebeendoing stuff from the Julia
Child Cookbooks as well as mw great grandmother's Good Housekeeping Cookbook.

I used to do one special try every week or two, but since retirement, I've
started cooking something new 2-3 times per week; repeats 2-3 times and ordinary
stuff 2-3 days a week *including some "processed" foods.

And the Glass remains perfect and certainly does not mess up the cooking..

BTW --I have always hated porcelain appliances. Drop something heavy or be
surprised by how hot a pan is,and suddenly you have a hole in the darned thing.

I like my stainless steel stuff, though I wish the icemaker window would supply
cold water instead of tepid water<g>.

I like my granite countertops too.

But in the end, all these things are for cooking and preparing food and there's
no reason they have to look brand new forever, unless you're not really into
cooking, I think.

"First, you take a leek." -- Julia Child

Cheers,
Jim