[Magdalen] icon

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:21:45 UTC 2015

Are you sure it's eta?   I'd've thought it would be omicron omega nu:

as Wikipedia says (and I already knew):

 inside each of the bars of the cross in Christ's halo is one of the Greek
letters <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_letter> Ο Ω Ν, making up ὁ ὢν
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am> — "ho ōn", literally, "the
Existing One" — indicating the divinity of Jesus
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity_of_Jesus>

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8