[Magdalen] Bernie

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 3 23:24:02 UTC 2015

On 03/08/2015 23:15, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> My wife and I have both agreed to vote for Bernie in the primary, and then
> probably for Hilary in the general election. Though I think I'd prefer
> Biden over Clinton.

That makes sense - you want Biden to be the Democratic Party candidate.
If he does not get the nomination then you will vote for the person who
is likely to be the candidate rather than abstain or vote for the
Republican candidate.  That is how I believe it should be in the US
system.  When I was in Florida last year, long before alternative
candidates for the Democrat's nomination appeared, somebody said to me
that she dodn't want Hillary but would vote for her in preference to a
Republican.

Roger