[Magdalen] What We Believe - St. Paul's Bellingham

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 23:18:18 UTC 2015

In a message dated 8/5/2015 5:49:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

The  same response applies equally to the other hot-button issue that
will come  up at the RC Synod on the Family in October - marriage and
divorce.   We need to try to look at Scripture in the context in which it
was  written.  Then we discern the message it seeks to convey.  Finally
we seek to apply that teaching to our own context. Simplistic
proof-texting does nobody any favours, let alone Scripture itself with
its internal inconsistencies which some literalists deny  exist.>>>>>

There was a report about the Pope's statement recently that the
RCC "should treat divorced and remarried members with more
respect by stressing to them that although they are still not
permitted to receive Holy Communion, they are not excommunicated   (?)

What's the difference?  Doesn't excommunicated mean no Holy
Communion?

David Strang.