[Magdalen] News

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 15:05:08 UTC 2015

In a message dated 8/6/2015 10:42:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Male  pattern-baldness does come from the mother IIRC.
Lynn>>>>>

About forty years ago I attended a concert at the Grace Lutheran
Church in Eau Claire, WI and sat in the nave on the main floor.

My good friend, Jerry Evinrud, O/C of Grace was sitting in the rear
gallery.

Some time later her approached me to ask how I liked the concert
(St. Olaf Choir;  what's not to like?)

He allowed that he knew I was there because he "spotted my bald
spot."

Stunned, I asked, "WHAT bald spot?"

That's when I discovered my balding dome.

Sadly Grace Lutheran, once the largest in the State of Wisconsin, and
a "prestige" congregation (about 9,000 members in its heyday), has
been embroiled in a tremendous public fracturing secondary to  liberals
vs. conservatives on the glbt issue.  The parish is only a shell of  its old
self, but I think the liberal ELCA group has gained control of the  Grace
building.  This has precipitated an ongoing rearrangement of several  of
the Eau Claire Lutheran parishes.

Keep tuned.

David S.