[Magdalen] My move

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:01:23 UTC 2015

You bet!

Today my cousin and I picked up the van, which had turned into a 20'
van, and I was the driver.  Not quite what I had envisaged, but OK, I
can do that.  Then to the unit place to confirm the booking.  Aha, the
office is not there, but some way away.  Never mind, on to the 401 with
my growling van with Arizona plates; that is why the speedo' was in
miles with km writ small below.  An hour later or so rolled into
W'valewhere we were joined by Michele and Jim.  Took out my favourite
rose 'Agnes' turning badly into the drive.  Then Kevin showed up and
backed it in for us.  Hardly got set up with ramp down when they came
for the dumpster.  Back to square one.

Being the driver, I had no chance to look back over my shoulder as we
pulled away from it all, fully loaded.  I had  the 'Salad Days' song,
'We said we wouldn't look back', playing in my mind: "And if you should
happen to find me, With an outlook gloomy and black, I'll remind you to
remind me, We said we wouldn't look back."

Ground back east for another hour plus, and then the beastly business of
getting it all into the unit for future sorting, but with difficult
questions about what was needed 'now'.  In the end we got the 'now'
stuff to my little house and off-loaded and had a few beers.  Phew.

Have to return the truck before 9 in the morning tomorrow and with a
tank of gas..  No lie-in yet!

How can I ever express my gratitude to my helpers who throughout
included Jim?

Marion, a very weary pilgrim