[Magdalen] Shoulder-related question

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:26:34 UTC 2015

Grace,
The answer about the wardrobe is 'it depends on how you are
wrapped/bandaged'.  That would be worth asking your doctor's nurse.  With
one of my surgeries I was wrapped in so much bandage I looked like I had on
football pads.  You might also ask the nurse how painful this surgery will
be...will you need narcotics for a couple days.  I cannot remember what I
took but Percocet type meds were prescribed.  I cannot take codeine or
codone drugs or really any narcotics, so I didn't fill those scripts.  I
was told I have a high pain threshold, but who knows. I had 5 surgeries and
missed a week of work every time; I drove before I was cleared to drive,
using my right hand and my left knee.

I was able to wear clothes but tee shirt material was easier because it
needed to stretch. I could move the arm enough to get dressed.  My sling,
when I had one, was a substantial apparatus that crossed in the back and
velcroed to a center hung sling for my arm.  There was also a contraption
with this that wrapped around my body and closed with velcro - it kept my
arm from moving.  I didn't use that much.

Don't know if this is useful to you at all because I have no idea what sort
of surgery you are having.  Perhaps making a list of lots of questions you
may have and talk with the nurse.

Ginga