[Magdalen] Incroyable

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:20:50 UTC 2015

I *got* left behind once, but not by my parents. I had gone swimming with a
bunch of kids from the village we lived in; I can't remember the
circumstances, but we rode in a school bus to a town about 15 miles away to
swim in their municipal pool. I was just 7 and I thought everything was
okay. I thought I saw the girl who lived in the building across from us,
but when I got out of the pool and went over to rendezvous with her, it
wasn't her at all. I was terrified and started to cry. The lifeguard and
supervisors were helpful, and of course I knew my address and my parents'
name, although I don't remember if I knew my phone number or not. Anyway,
they called my house and my dad drove up and got me. He wasn't angry with
me, but I suspect he was rather upset with the people who were responsible
for the trip and who had apparently not counted noses or taken a roll call
before the trip home. In any case, I did not go on any more swimming trips
that summer.