[Magdalen] Militia

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 16:19:41 UTC 2015

In a message dated 8/29/2015 10:38:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com writes:

body of  people
who could be drafted if there were a general  mobilization.>>>>>>>

And speaking of a body of people who could be drafted:   physicians.

The cut off age for both WW-2 and Korean War was 46 in the USA,
and 33 during the Viet Nam War.  I knew quite a few physicians  who
slipped past these ages and never spent time in the military.  I  remember
a party thrown for me in the Twin Cities just after completing my  initial
entry training into the US Army Medical Corps in San Antonio and
before family and I were shipped off to Germany for more than three
years.  The majority of the physicians there were over 33 and off  to
build their practices, while I was snared by the Army.  It was an  odd
feeling.

In the end, however, spending that 3 years + in Germany was a  highlight
of my life.

David Strang.