[Magdalen] Education.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:28:07 UTC 2015

I was fortunate to spend almost my entire church choral singing career
under OCMs who *did* educate us, Leo Steffens at St. Andrew's, Madison, WI,
and Margie Roberts Johnson at All Saints', Morristown, TN. The interims we
had while Margie was getting her PhD in organ performance were another
story entirely. One was pretty decent; he was a musician who was also a
paramedic because being a musician didn't pay the bills. Unfortunately he
ran afoul of our little Napoleon of a priest, who fired him. The next one
was a musician who had no control of the choir, and I quit singing until
Margie came back. She actually kept me in that church longer than I
otherwise would have stayed.