[Magdalen] "Services of the Church" (hello CoE folk).

Ian Gomersall ian.gomersall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:04:23 UTC 2015

Indeed, Peter. And, as I am sure you will know, the State prayers sometimes
changed within the monarch's reign - for example when Adelaide, the Queen
Dowager died, or Charles became Prince of Wales.

When an undergraduate at Cambridge I went to Evensong at Kings one day
where at that time in the seats there was an extraordinary collection of
Prayer books for use by the public. The one I picked up was very old and in
the suffrages before the collects at Evensong had 'O Lord save the King and
Queen' ... William and Mary.  Years later on returning I noticed they'd
replaced the old assortment by up to date volumes.

Ian

*Ian Gomersall*