[Magdalen] Something is NOT rotten in Denmark.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 02:50:20 UTC 2015

My annual supply of Danish "kringles" from that Danish capital,  Racine,
Wisconsin arrived yesterday.  I tried a new bakery this year (there  are
four genuine Danish bakeries in Racine), and the kringles are, if  anything
even more sumptuous.  This is not good for the waistline, but I give  most
of them away to friends and persons who have been important to me  this
past year.

Ditto my supply of Wisconsin cheese.  I've already had some  wonderful
grilled cheese sandwiches.

Anyway, about the only thing I remember about Denmark from two trips
there is (1) the Danish pastry; and (2) the open-faced sandwiches.

Those and the distinct impression that the Danish language is like  speaking
Norwegian with a mouthful of marbles.

David Strang.