[Magdalen] Saline.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 24 08:22:46 UTC 2015

>>>It's a little unusual to be combining the saline and gauze as you appear  to
be, but I will say that saline application can be very helpful in the
healing process.  I attribute at least a good portion of my healing and saving  both
my legs to twice daily saline irrigation and dressing changes.  Saline  is
an "oldie but goodie" for healing the skin.  It was a heck of a lot  more
helpful than having both lower legs amputated!  It is labor intensive,  but
in this case worth the effort.  Thank God for my wonderful nurses.<<<

Well put, Doc Strang.  I think the special element to my instruction is that my affected areas are relatively small (though they put the entirety of both my shins into "old man shuffle" mode), AND the saline'd gauze is on TOP of a really classic goopy ointment (Santyl), so the idea of a protective antibacterial barrier in addition to the sterile pad I put on top of it, simply makes sense.

I will say I think I dressed and wrapped myself better than my nurse did.  Granted, I'd just come out from "under the scissors", was rather sensitive, and when you're wrapping someone up other than yourself, you're gonna be gentle.  And no, I'm not wrapped too tightly; I know better.  But I do feel much snugger in the proverbial rug right now than I did yesterday morning and throughout today (or yesterday, I should say).