[Magdalen] Saline.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 24 08:53:28 UTC 2015

>>>Maybe it's just to make sure one layer adheres to the other. Saline is cleaner than my tap water. Surface tension is a better adhesive in small areas than some adhesive tapes. (I'm a big fan of flushing new wounds with saline, too.)<<<

It does indeed add an extra layer of tension to keep things sturdily in place.  I put the ointment, then the saline'd gauze (in the form of a very small patch), then sterile pad, then a flexible tape (I use the flexible self-sticking type), then "tubi" minimal compression open-toe tube sock to hold everything basically in place (gravity does exist, alas), and then my own VERY loose diabetic sock on top of that, which latter has always served as my house slipper anyway.