[Magdalen] Feast.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 21:57:45 UTC 2015

Chili con carne has always been Christmas Eve fare ever since I was a kid.
I think it's because it was easy for my mom, and then me, to throw
everything in the pot and let it simmer while we did everything else that
needed doing. When the kids were growing up it worked really well because
for years someone was always singing in the kiddie choir at the "zoo mass"
at 5 pm, and the late ex and I had to be at church by 9:30 because we were
in the adult choir. I just got in the habit. This year, however, it's going
to be baked potatoes stuffed with seasoned smashed black beans (from a
can), topped with queso fresco, sour cream, and cilantro. Then I'm off to
the 8 pm service at Reformation Lutheran while S/O does whatever (he's been
really busy in the lapidary today),