[Magdalen] Feast.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 25 00:15:08 UTC 2015

>>>I'd threaten to go out for Chinese food like my Jewish friends do, but here
it seems all the Chinese restaurants are closed on Christmas...maybe the
owners are Christian!<<<

Around here, the only Asian restaurants open literally year-round are the serious, hard-core Chinese buffets.  The one closest to me (just down the street, walking distance back when I could walk), I guarantee you, at this precise moment, has staff doing their thing or standing at attention with Santa hats on their heads.  There might even be a small Christmas tree next to the whole turkey near the pizza and taco bar.  Definitely not a high-end place; lots of big families eat there, mainly Mexican hence the bottles of Tapatio on the tables, and quite frequently caters to tour buses full of Asian tourists (I always look to see if there are buses present in the parking lot, and change my plans if there are).

The mom-and-pop joints (Thai, Vietnamese, or the East coast sea shanty-style fish place owned by a Chinese family) are always closed on Sunday, much less Feasts of Our Lord.  Christian?  When in Rome, is what I say!