[Magdalen] Happy Christmas.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Dec 26 00:31:13 UTC 2015

Merry Christmas to all!

We are now cooking dinner, with lots of good stuff, especially from the
garden. There's a ham sent by the-woman-my-father-in-law-should
have-married-but-never-did. Son Christopher has made a winter squash & kale
salad, with pepitos (pumpkin seeds painstakingly shelled). Thomas is now
making something from mashed potatoes & rutabagas (Gilfeather turnips, which
are actually rutabagas). Sautéed green beans also. And finally a pumpkin pie
from Winter Luxury pumpkins. All veggies are from the garden.

The entire family is here - older son Thomas & his wife Melissa drove up
from Boston, and younger son Christopher flew in from Los Angeles. This is
the first time we've all been together since Thomas & Melissa's wedding a
little over a year ago.

Last night Lee did the Christmas service at St. Peter's, Lyndonville - a
very small parish with a very small (low 20's) congregation. Nice people and
a good service.

Yesterday Christopher & I went out back and cut down the most appropriate
balsam fir we could find. It's now up and has a few lights - decorations
will be added in the coming days.

Hope you all are having a blessed Christmas,

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com