[Magdalen] Feast.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 05:48:36 UTC 2015

People tend to do pretty much what they decide they want to.  I recall the
rector at the time of a parish that shall remain nameless remarked that the
bishop at that time was a stickler for following certain protocols in
regards to a service which shall remain named the Eucharist, and the rector
just said, "We have always done it using lay persons, and we'll keep on
doing that. I won't tell the bishop, but if he finds out, I'll just say
that's the way we do it. I don't think it's a big thing."

At the end of the day, one can say til the cows come home that if it's in
the bcp, it's required, and if nobody is going to enforce it, and we all
know that nobody is going to enforce it, then it's what is commonly
regarded as a "suggestion."

Should it be required? If 'shouds' were nickels, we'd all be millionaires.
I probably should not repeat the wisdom Albert Ellis imparted when he wrote
that people need to avoid "should"-ing on themselves, so I will not ...

http://albertellis.org/milestone-misery-stop-shoulding/

Hope the people who read this enjoy it!  Happy new year to both of you!

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com