[Magdalen] Shuttered Cathedral May Become Slave Trade Museum.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 15:44:04 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/3/2015 10:09:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I  feel a bit sad every time I drive past the Cathedral Church of
Christ the  King, Kalamazoo, now the Valley Family Bible Church or
something. A unique  work of architecture becomes just an auxiliary
building to an  auditorium.>>>>

Wasn't the nick-name something like Ft. Bennison after the bishop
who spearheaded it's fortress-like construction?

I do recall being present there at a national conference (Was it
Cursillo?) and the full range of liturgical actions was being  explored.
This included a professional dance troupe that postured and traipsed
about during the Liturgy, and, to everyone's horror, one  ballet-slippered
dancer cart-wheeled over the table top of the high altar.

I think that set the dance-as-liturgy movement to the back burners.

It's really a shame to ignore dance as worship.  Of all groups, the  Mormons
are into liturgical dance in a big way, and their Christmas special each
year features hundreds of dancers, male and female.  It's nicely  done.

David Strang.