[Magdalen] National TEC policy on Alcohol in the Church

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 6 16:03:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 2/6/2015 8:04:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
roy.murphy at gmail.com writes:

When we  serve alcohol, we always serve a non-alcoholic alternative  >>>

When I habitually vacationed yearly in France and Germany, I
savored the rich variety of wines available.  I was never much of  a
beer drinker, though there is plentiful choice there, too.

I pretty much stuck to the Michelin Red Guides, and ate at most of
the great shrines of gastronomy in both countries.  Then I got  sober.

I wondered on my first trip back after going off the booze what I  would
do in these great restaurants.  I shouldn't have worried.  There  are
dozens of regional mineral waters, and though the markup is far less
than that of wine, it's still perfectly acceptable to order some,  say,
Gerolsteiner with a good meal.

David Strang.