[Magdalen] Rant

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:19:15 UTC 2015

So very important !!!

We have a friend who's a great nurse. I adore him and respect
his judgment. More important, the gf feels the same way about
him. And he gets to advise and make the decisions.

Before my knee was replaced, New England Baptist Hospital
scheduled a full day of interviews (pharmacist, hematologist,
anesthesiologist, cardiologist, and finally a social worker). The
social worker asked, tentatively, "Have you given any thougt to
what might happen if something goes wrong with the surgery?"

"Yes !" I replied. "Here's your copy of my Five Wishes [a legal
document in Massachusetts]. There's a copy on file at my
church and my health proxy has a copy."

"Could I get you to talk to my other patients?" she asked.

Do this. If not for your own sake, then to relieve those you love
the most from much of the stress at what will be (presumably)
a very difficult time for them.
-M

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, Cantor03--- via Magdalen