[Magdalen] Hippity Happity New Years

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 2 01:03:04 UTC 2015

>S/O is a graduate of UVA, but a fervent non-supporter of UVA athletic
>endeavors. He claims that when he was there, all such things were merely an
>excuse for drinking (by others...owing to alcoholic parents, he's not much

I visited the UVA campus with friends a couple of times when I was at GW. I got
the impression that **everything** was an excuse for drinking. A favorite seemed
to be grain alcohol and fruit juice (a name I forget) in a large garbage can.

I remember witnessing a grand piano tossed out the second floor window of a frat
house -- maybe Sigma Nu )it's been a long time).

It should be noted that though I joined in the revelry (with friends from GW), I
was not impressed.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie